How to watch Mavericks vs. Timberwolves basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Through 3 Quarters
After a tough loss on the road their last time out, the Dallas Mavericks look much better today on their home court. They have unwrapped a big 88-78 lead against the Minnesota Timberwolves after three quarters.
Minnesota has been relying on the performance of center Karl-Anthony Towns, who has dropped a double-double on 23 points and 12 rebounds along with seven assists.
the Timberwolves have lost 92% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this year, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Minnesota @ Dallas
Current Records: Minnesota 15-15; Dallas 14-15
What to Know
The Minnesota Timberwolves have enjoyed the comforts of home their last two games, but now they must head out on the road. They and the Dallas Mavericks will compete for holiday cheer at 8:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday at American Airlines Center. Minnesota will be strutting in after a win while the Mavericks will be stumbling in from a defeat.
Minnesota is hoping for another victory. They snuck past Dallas with a 111-105 win on Sunday. It was another big night for Minnesota’s center Karl-Anthony Towns, who had 24 points and six assists along with seven rebounds.
Barring any buzzer beaters, Minnesota is expected to win a tight contest. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread as they are currently on a four-game streak of ATS wins.
The Timberwolves are now 15-15 while the Mavericks sit at 14-15. A pair of stats to keep an eye on: Minnesota ranks fourth in the league when it comes to steals per game, with 8.9 on average. But Dallas enters the game with only 6.6 steals given up per game on average, good for second best in the league. Ball control might end up being a major factor in this one.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 8:30 p.m. ET
- Where: American Airlines Center — Dallas, Texas
- TV: Bally Sports – North
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $16.00
The Timberwolves are a slight 2.5-point favorite against the Mavericks, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Timberwolves, as the game opened with the Timberwolves as a 1-point favorite.
Dallas have won 12 out of their last 21 games against Minnesota.
- Dec 19, 2021 – Minnesota 111 vs. Dallas 105
- May 16, 2021 – Minnesota 136 vs. Dallas 121
- Mar 24, 2021 – Dallas 128 vs. Minnesota 108
- Feb 08, 2021 – Dallas 127 vs. Minnesota 122
- Mar 01, 2020 – Dallas 111 vs. Minnesota 91
- Feb 24, 2020 – Dallas 139 vs. Minnesota 123
- Dec 04, 2019 – Dallas 121 vs. Minnesota 114
- Apr 03, 2019 – Minnesota 110 vs. Dallas 108
- Jan 11, 2019 – Dallas 119 vs. Minnesota 115
- Oct 20, 2018 – Dallas 140 vs. Minnesota 136
- Mar 30, 2018 – Minnesota 93 vs. Dallas 92
- Dec 10, 2017 – Minnesota 97 vs. Dallas 92
- Nov 17, 2017 – Minnesota 111 vs. Dallas 87
- Nov 04, 2017 – Minnesota 112 vs. Dallas 99
- Feb 24, 2017 – Minnesota 97 vs. Dallas 84
- Jan 15, 2017 – Dallas 98 vs. Minnesota 87
- Jan 09, 2017 – Minnesota 101 vs. Dallas 92
- Apr 03, 2016 – Dallas 88 vs. Minnesota 78
- Feb 28, 2016 – Dallas 128 vs. Minnesota 101
- Jan 20, 2016 – Dallas 106 vs. Minnesota 94
- Jan 10, 2016 – Dallas 93 vs. Minnesota 87
Injury Report for Dallas
- Willie Cauley-Stein: Out (Personal)
- Kristaps Porzingis: Out (Toe)
- Eugene Omoruyi: Out (Foot)
- Luka Doncic: Out (Ankle)
- Reggie Bullock: Out (Covid-19)
- Maxi Kleber: Out (Covid-19)
- Josh Green: Out (Covid-19)
- Tim Hardaway Jr.: Out (Covid-19)
Injury Report for Minnesota
- Taurean Prince: Out (Covid-19)
- Anthony Edwards: Out (Covid-19)
- Patrick Beverley: Out (Covid-19)
- Josh Okogie: Out (Covid-19)
- Jarred Vanderbilt: Out (Covid-19)