A meeting of the Redistricting Joint Task Force Committee is scheduled for 6 p.m. Monday in Conference Room A/B on the third floor of the Ector County ISD administration building, 802 N. Sam Houston Ave.
Items on the agenda include:
- Receiving from outside legal consultant and discuss initial assessment reports for the City of Odessa, Odessa College, Ector County Independent School District and Ector County Hospital District regarding whether redistricting is required for the entities’ governing body single-member districts considering the 2020 census data.
- Discuss and consider adoption of redistricting criteria to apply to development of new districting plans.
- Discuss and consider adoption of redistricting guidelines regarding public participation in the redistricting process.
- Discuss and establish goals and procedures for internal operation and coordination, including possible selection of a Committee chairperson and other assignments.
- Discuss and establish a tentative meeting schedule.
A separate ECISD Board of Trustees meeting is set for 9 a.m. April 12 in Conference Room A/B on the third floor of the administration building for teambuilding as part of the Raise Your Hand Texas Trustee Advocate Program.
It also includes public comment.