How to watch Knicks vs. Pistons basketball game
By Scout Staff
2 min read
Through 3 Quarters
Only one more quarter stands between the New York Knicks and the win they were favored to collect going into this night. They have unwrapped a big 83-71 lead against the Detroit Pistons.
New York has been relying on center Mitchell Robinson, who has 13 points along with eight boards, and shooting guard Evan Fournier, who has 19 points. Shooting guard Cory Joseph (15 points) has been the top scorer for Detroit. Cory Joseph does need to be careful, however, as he is in foul trouble with four.
the Pistons have lost 95% of the time when they were down heading into the fourth quarter this year, so this one seems just about wrapped up
Detroit @ New York
Current Records: Detroit 5-24; New York 13-17
What to Know
After a two-game homestand, the Detroit Pistons will be on the road. They and the New York Knicks will compete for holiday cheer at 7:30 p.m. ET Tuesday at Madison Square Garden. The Pistons haven’t won a contest against New York since Nov. 6 of 2019, but they’ll be looking to end the drought.
Detroit beat the Miami Heat 100-90 on Sunday. Detroit can attribute much of their success to small forward Saddiq Bey, who had 26 points.
Meanwhile, New York came up short against the Boston Celtics this past Saturday, falling 114-107. A silver lining for New York was the play of shooting guard Evan Fournier, who had 32 points along with five rebounds.
The Pistons are expected to lose this next one by 7.5. Those playing the odds have seen things go back and forth with Detroit, who are 14-15 against the spread.
Detroit’s victory lifted them to 5-24 while New York’s defeat dropped them down to 13-17. We’ll see if Detroit can repeat their recent success or if New York bounces back and reverse their fortune.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Madison Square Garden — New York, New York
- TV: Bally Sports – Detroit
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $88.00
The Knicks are a big 7.5-point favorite against the Pistons, according to the latest NBA odds.
Bettors have moved against the Knicks slightly, as the game opened with the Knicks as a 9.5-point favorite.
Detroit have won 11 out of their last 20 games against New York.
- Apr 03, 2021 – New York 125 vs. Detroit 81
- Mar 04, 2021 – New York 114 vs. Detroit 104
- Feb 28, 2021 – New York 109 vs. Detroit 90
- Mar 08, 2020 – New York 96 vs. Detroit 84
- Feb 08, 2020 – New York 95 vs. Detroit 92
- Nov 06, 2019 – Detroit 122 vs. New York 102
- Apr 10, 2019 – Detroit 115 vs. New York 89
- Feb 08, 2019 – Detroit 120 vs. New York 103
- Feb 05, 2019 – Detroit 105 vs. New York 92
- Nov 27, 2018 – Detroit 115 vs. New York 108
- Mar 31, 2018 – Detroit 115 vs. New York 109
- Dec 22, 2017 – Detroit 104 vs. New York 101
- Oct 21, 2017 – Detroit 111 vs. New York 107
- Mar 27, 2017 – New York 109 vs. Detroit 95
- Mar 11, 2017 – Detroit 112 vs. New York 92
- Nov 16, 2016 – New York 105 vs. Detroit 102
- Nov 01, 2016 – Detroit 102 vs. New York 89
- Mar 05, 2016 – New York 102 vs. Detroit 89
- Feb 04, 2016 – Detroit 111 vs. New York 105
- Dec 29, 2015 – New York 108 vs. Detroit 96
Injury Report for New York
- Derrick Rose: Out (Ankle)
- Obi Toppin: Out (Covid-19)
- Kevin Knox II: Out (Covid-19)
- R.J. Barrett: Out (Covid-19)
- Quentin Grimes: Out (Covid-19)
- Immanuel Quickley: Out (Covid-19)
- Miles McBride: Out (Covid-19)
- Luka Samanic: Game-Time Decision (Foot)
Injury Report for Detroit
- Killian Hayes: Out (Illness)
- Chris Smith: Out (Knee)
- Kelly Olynyk: Out (Knee)
- Jerami Grant: Out (Thumb)