The new Sixers combo of Joel Embiid and James Harden has been unstoppable thus far, and things have continued to go south on the West Coast for LeBron James and the Lakers. In college basketball, there were a record number of Top 10 upsets on Saturday, which included No. 1 Gonzaga.
For a rundown of those stories and more, check out The Sporting News 7, a podcast that brings you the seven biggest sports stories in seven minutes at 7 a.m. ET every weekday.
Building on the award-winning journalism of The Sporting News, you’ll get all you need to know in one handy, bite-sized podcast hosted by Demetria Obilor.
The Sporting News 7 is a unique take on the day’s biggest talking points in sports, and you can find it on Spotify, Apple or wherever you get your podcasts.
Here are the seven stories you’ll hear about on Monday, Feb. 28, 2022:
- NBA: Harden, Embiid on fire for Sixers but LeBron James booed in Lakers defeat
- NBA: Warriors, Suns lose; Kelly Olynyk helps Pistons snap Hornets’ streak
- NCAAB: Crazy weekend in men’s college basketball as seven of the top 10 lose on same day
- NASCAR: Kyle Larson wins Wise Power 400
- SOCCER: FIFA lets Russia continue playing but Poland to boycott World Cup qualifiers
- SOCCER: Liverpool wins League Cup final as all 22 players take penalties in the shootout
- BOXING: Josh Taylor retains world light welterweight belts in controversial title fight against Jack Catterall